Not too long ago I wrote an article on the richest dead celebrities. Now we have a new crime by the richest live celebrities…….owing back taxes.
Stephen Baldwin, youngest of the famous Baldwin brothers was recently arrested for owing back taxes. He pleaded not guilty and was released. I went looking on line to see who owes the most back taxes, and people there are a lot of celebrities who owe money to Uncle Sam. Here’s the list of who owes the least amount, to the most amount.
- Stephen Baldwin is said to owe $350,000.
- Jamie Pressley of “My name is Earl”, is said to owe $637,000. The IRS has filed a lien against her.
- Vince Neil, of Motley Crue owes $1.1 million.
- Robert Blake, actor accused and acquitted of murdering his wife owes, $1.1 million.
- Ozzy and Sharon Osborne, $1.7 million. Their daughter Kelly supposedly owes $34,000.
- Richard Hatch, the first winner of “Survivor” was paid $1,010,000 from the show and has not paid taxes on that money. IRS has filed a lien on $1.7 million.
- Sean Connery owes $2 million on land tracts he sold in Spain.
- Dionne Warrick, singer,(Do you know the way to San Jose?”), owes $2.2 million to the state of California.
- Marc Anthony, singer, allegedly owes $3.4 Million. In 2006, he paid back $2.5 million of that money.
- Lil Wayne, rapper, paid the government $1.3 million but still owes another $5.6 million.
- Nas, rapper, owes $6 million.
- Chris Tucker, of the “Rush Hour” movies allegedly owes $11 million from 2001 to 2006.
- Nicolas Cage has paid $360,545 of the $14 million he owes. He blames his business manager.
- Wesley Snipes owes $15 million in unpaid taxes. He is now serving time in prison and not to be released until 2013. He also claims he bad business managing.
- The last is Paul Hogan of the “Crocodile Dundee” movies, owes $37 million according to the Australian government.
WOW!!!!!! How in the world did this happen to these well-known celebrities? Could it have been from poor business managers? It is just unreal to me they could owe this much money and not be in jail. And that brings me to this question…. Why it is that Wesley Snipes is the only one of all these celebrities that is in jail? Lindsey Lohan owes the government money. Why isn’t she….oh yeah….she gets away with everything. Supposedly Charlie Sheen is supposed to help her? Why? Good grief, the girl is bad news.. You know, if it was one of us, regular old citizens, that owed one fourth or less of this money, we would be in jail. Celebrities are always handled with kid gloves. Why? They are famous? Big deal… If they don’t pay, put them in jail. It’s only fair to the rest of us.